Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's the picture show!

I just want to start off by saying, sorry it has been so long since I last posted! All I have been doing is working for the most part and it has been budgeting and project management...nothing particularly interesting to come home and blog about. But, I have lots of new pics to share!

I took a ride around the city with some coworkers yesterday. We rode down to Zone 4 (the entertainment area of the city) to get food and hang out. These are views of different parts of the city as we drove.






Traffic is absolutely, God-awfully terrible around here. I don't know if that is a word, but it is so true!!



On our way back, it was dark so I was able to get a picture of the Ivoirian "Times Square." It really doesn't compare, but, hey, it's Africa!


Just a few other randoms....

These little guys are all over the hotel I live in. I would pick one up, but they are so fast. Oh, and they do pushups.



Yes, a $6.20 can of tuna...smh I guess it doesn't compare to the $9.65 container of Mentos gum. I almost grabbed it and then I saw the damn price (no pic).


Again, sorry it has taken so long to post! I should be able to post some more interesting stuff this weekend. I am going to ride down to the Triechville Market with a group from the Embassy. That is where they sell a lot of arts and crafts as well as foods that are way cheaper than the grocery stores. Afterwards, a big group of the Americans from the Embassy are getting together and having a St. Patrick's day party and roasting a pig (and they will all be getting wasted, of course). Sunday, wish me luck, I am going to go get my haircut by the ONLY PERSON in this ENTIRE city, who knows how to cut white people's hair.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment